In order to facilitate the production management and use of generators, the state has unified the method of programming the generator model, and the generator nameplate is affixed at a relatively obvious position on its casing. The parameters included mainly include the generator model, Rated voltage, rated power, rated power, insulation level, frequency, power factor and speed.
1.Model meaning of generator
The type of the generator is usually a description of the type of the unit, which contains information such as the type of voltage output by the generator, the type of the generator unit, control characteristics, design serial number, and environmental characteristics. In addition, some generator models are relatively straightforward and easy to identify, including product number, rated voltage, and rated current.
2. The main technical parameters of the generator
The technical parameters of the generator are usually the same as the model number, which is pasted on the nameplate label or directly marked on the generator casing for reference during selection and maintenance.
Usually the power of a diesel generator set is clearly marked on the unit nameplate, but the nominal output power of each manufacturer is different and is divided into:
Standby Power, Prime Power, and Consecution Power
1) Standby power is defined as the maximum power that a generator set can run continuously for 300 hours between specified maintenance cycles and specified environmental conditions, with a maximum of 500 working hours per year. It is equivalent to the limited time operating power (LTP) in the national and ISO standards. It is generally suitable for occasional emergency working conditions where the load of communication, buildings, etc. changes a lot.
2) Common power is defined as the maximum power in a variable power sequence that may run for an unlimited number of hours per year between the specified maintenance intervals and the specified environmental conditions, which is equivalent to the national and ISO standards. Basic Power (PRP). It is generally suitable for frequent operating conditions with small load changes such as factories, mines, and the army.
3) Continuous power is defined as the maximum power in a certain constant power sequence that may run for an unlimited period of time each year between specified maintenance cycles and specified environmental conditions. It is equivalent to the continuous power (COP) in the national and ISO standards. It is generally suitable for continuous operating conditions with minimal load changes, such as being used as a power station or connected to the grid.
The power performance of diesel generator sales includes apparent power, active power, rated power, maximum power, and economic power.
1) The unit of apparent power is kilovolt-ampere, which is used to express the capacity of transformers and uninterruptible power supplies.
2) The active power is 0.8 times the apparent power, the unit is KW, which is used for power generation equipment and power equipment.
3) The rated power of a diesel generator set refers to the power that can be continuously operated for 12 hours.
4) The maximum power is 1.1 times the rated power, but only 1 hour is allowed within 12 hours.
5) The economic power is 0.75 times of the rated power, which is the output power of the diesel generator set that can run for a long time without being limited by time. When running at this power, the fuel is the most economical and the failure rate is the lowest.