When the diesel generator set works for a long time, there will be a certain amount of wear and tear, and we need to perform routine maintenance on it regularly. You may have heard of diesel generators vibrating during operation. So what causes the vibration of the diesel generator set, let's take a look together.
First, the imbalance of the rotating part is mainly caused by the imbalance of the rotor, the coupler, the coupling, and the transmission wheel (brake wheel). The solution is to find the rotor balance. If there are large transmission wheels, brake wheels, couplings, and couplings, they should be separated from the rotor to find a good balance. Then there is the mechanical looseness of the rotating part. For example: the iron core bracket is loose, the oblique keys and pins fail to loosen, and the rotor is not tightly tied, which will cause the unbalance of the rotating part.
Second, the mechanical part failure mainly has the following points:
1. The axis of the linkage part is misaligned, the center lines are not coincident, and the centering is incorrect. The cause of this failure is mainly caused by poor alignment and improper installation during installation. There is also a case where the centerline of some linkage parts coincides in the cold state, but after a period of operation, the centerline is damaged due to the deformation of the rotor fulcrum and the foundation, resulting in vibration.
2. The gears and couplings connected to the motor are faulty. Such failures are mainly manifested by poor gear meshing, severe gear tooth wear, poor wheel lubrication, skewed and misaligned couplings, tooth couplings with incorrect tooth pitch, tooth pitch, excessive clearance, or severe wear, all of which can cause certain problems. vibration.
3. Defects in the structure of the motor and installation problems. This kind of failure is mainly manifested by the ellipse of the journal, the rotating shaft is bent, the gap between the shaft and the bearing pad is too large or too small, the rigidity of the bearing seat, the foundation plate, a part of the foundation, or the entire motor installation foundation is insufficient, and the motor and the foundation plate are fixed Insufficient, loose foot bolts, loose between bearing seat and foundation plate, etc. Too large or too small clearance between the shaft and the bearing pad can not only cause vibration, but also cause abnormality in the lubrication and temperature of the bearing pad.
4. The load dragged by the motor conducts vibration. For example, the turbine of a turbine generator vibrates, and the fan and pump driven by the motor vibrate, causing the motor to vibrate.
3. The failure of the electrical part is caused by electromagnetic reasons. The main faults include: AC motor stator wiring errors, wound rotor windings of short-circuit asynchronous motors, interturn short-circuits of synchronous motor excitation windings, incorrect connection of excitation coils of synchronous motors, cage asynchronous The rotor bar of the motor is broken, and the deformation of the rotor core causes unevenness in the stator and rotor air gap, resulting in imbalance of air gap magnetic flux and vibration. There are various causes of motor vibration. The above are just the author's work. Some of the faults actually encountered are summarized above.
Through the above three points, you can find out the cause of the vibration of the diesel generator set. I hope it will help you.