Everyone knows that diesel is a dangerous substance. For places where generators are commonly used, diesel must be stored. Does the diesel generator room need to be explosion-proof? What are the requirements? First of all, the diesel generator room can use non-explosion-proof electrical facilities, as long as it meets the fire protection standards. It needs to have a good fire protection system and control the diesel storage. The following is a detailed introduction for everyone!
1.According to the "Code for Fire Protection of Building Design" GB50016 diesel storage place is a Class C fire hazard. Generally, storage tanks are provided with vent pipes to the outside, and diesel is not flammable and explosive, which is not sufficient to form a flammable and explosive place. Therefore, non-explosion-proof electrical installations can be used.
2. Diesel generator principle The basic structure of a diesel generator is composed of a diesel engine and a generator. The diesel engine is used to drive the generator to generate electricity. Some of the diesel storage rooms in the diesel generator room store diesel oil in barrels and some have storage tanks. Diesel is not flammable and explosive, and it is not enough to form a flammable and explosive place.
3. The conventional method is to set up an oil storage room next to the diesel generator room, and store no more than 8h of fuel and no more than 1m3 of fuel. If the unit has a large capacity and a large amount of use, an oil storage tank should be installed outdoors. If the capacity of the unit is not large, can we not set up an oil storage room and use a diesel generator with its own fuel tank (the capacity of its own fuel tank meets the requirements for use).
4. The diesel generator room that supplies power to the tunnel shall be provided with an oil storage room whose total reserves shall not exceed 1m3. The oil storage room shall be separated from the generator room and other parts by a firewall and a class A fire door that can be closed by itself. The electrical facilities in the oil room must use corresponding explosion-proof electrical appliances. It can be seen that the fire protection requirements of the oil storage room are very high, and only the Class A fire doors can be used in conjunction with the firewall.
5. Diesel generator room oil storage in the storage of some barrels, and some have storage tanks. According to the fire protection code of the building design, GB50016 diesel storage place is a Class C fire hazard. Generally, storage tanks are equipped with vent pipes to the outside, and diesel is not flammable and explosive, which is not sufficient to form flammable and explosive places. Explosion-proof electrical installations.
1. The installation of automatic sprinkler system must consider the impact on the equipment. The normal operation of equipment such as diesel generators must not be affected during the discharge, and safety accidents such as leakage can not be caused. Improve the protection level of the equipment shell and do electrical circuits at the same time. The protection level of the electrical equipment enclosure can refer to the requirements of “Technical Specifications for Fire Water Supply and Fire Hydrant System” (GB50974), and adopts IP55 protection level.
2. Need to consider the operating temperature requirements of the sprinkler, combined with the ambient temperature of the equipment during normal operation, the conventional sprinkler with a nominal operating temperature of 68 ° C may not meet the requirements.
3. For the cases that do not meet the above requirements or it is difficult to confirm the application conditions, a fine water mist or gas fire extinguishing system can be set up, and a water spray system can also be considered (water spray systems should also consider the impact on electrical equipment).
4. For buildings without an automatic sprinkler system, a cart-type ABC dry powder fire extinguisher or a gas fire extinguisher can be installed. For larger scale or important equipment, a water spray, fine water mist or gas fire extinguishing system can be installed. In the case of "Specially Important Equipment Room", a gas fire extinguishing system shall be provided.
5. Equipment room equipment layout should be based on the capacity and number of units, and should be compact, economical and reasonable, ensure safety and facilitate maintenance.
6. When there is only one unit in the generator room, if the unit capacity is 500kW or below, there is generally no control room. At this time, the power distribution screen and control screen should be arranged on the generator side or generator side, and its operation and maintenance channels The requirement is that the distance between the screen front and the generator side should not be less than 2m, and the distance between the screen front and the generator side should not be less than 1.5m.
7. For multiple units with a single capacity of 500kW and above, considering the convenience of operation and maintenance, management and centralized control, a control room should be set up. Generally, the generator control panel, unit operating table, power control (screen) table and lighting distribution box are placed in the control room. The layout of the control room is the same as that of the low-voltage distribution room.
8. In the machine room, the unit should be arranged horizontally (vertical arrangement). In this way, the center line of the unit is perpendicular to the central axis of the machine room, convenient operation and management, short pipelines, and compact layout. The generator outlet should be arranged near the control and distribution room.